Our Environmental Mission
Our goal: A fully green hotel. Environmentally Responsible. Energy Efficient.
The Grafton Inn is committed to protecting the environment, the health and safety of employees, and the community in which we conduct our business. It is our environmental mission to seek improvements throughout our business operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water and other natural resources; reducing waste generation; recycling and purchasing recycled products; and, reducing our use of toxic materials. We are committed to pollution prevention, continual improvement and meeting or exceeding all environmental regulatory requirements.
We are proud to be a member of Green Hotels of Vermont.
Our Strategic Goal is for The Grafton Inn to be environmentally responsible and energy efficient in its operations with action steps including:
- Utilize energy efficient lighting in all public areas
- Seek to maximize energy efficiency in operations and specifically in heating and cooling
- Maximize recycling of waste products
- Develop strategies to compost/utilize food waste in a safe environmentally sound manner
- Employ green products to the extent consistent with guest comfort and acceptability
- Feature as many local products at our inn as possible
Our Environmental team:
President, Windham Foundation
Grafton Inn Innkeeper
Karl Lauren, Maintenance Manager, Windham Foundation