Here at the Grafton Inn, we’re committed to being transparent with all new practices, training, and operational guidelines being put in place to keep our staff and guests safe and healthy.
Last updated: Wednesday, May 22, 2020
Operational Plan – COVID-19
Our Stay Safe Guidelines
As we look forward to welcoming you back to Grafton, we want to share with you our protocols that are intended to support a cleaner and healthier environment for our guests, employees, and community. It is our priority to make sure your well-being is safeguarded.
We are following guidelines from the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay initiative which is designed to change hotel industry norms, behaviors, and standards to ensure both hotel guests and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of hotels. In addition, we have adopted the Center for Disease Control protocol and we will be implementing additional steps provided by the State of Vermont’s Restart VT Task Force.
The following best practices have been implemented:
- Enhanced cleaning standards throughout the inn, including guest rooms, both our restaurants, all meeting spaces, common areas, and all back-of-house spaces.
- Superior cleaning products with a greater concentration of bacteria-killing ingredients, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Social distancing practices and reducing person-to-person contact.
- Increased transparency throughout the guest journey.
Employee & Guest Health
- Hand Washing & Sanitizer – We will provide additional access to hand washing and hand sanitizer throughout all spaces around the inn.
- Front and Back of the House Signage- The inn has posted signs for guest and employees indicating health & hygiene reminders, directions for higher traffic areas, and physical distancing service/waiting zones.
- Daily Employee temperature checks and questionnaire related to COVID-19 tracking.
- Any employee with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit of greater will not be permitted on property
- All employees will be required to receive COVID-19 safety and facilities sanitation training
- All employees will be asked to stay home if they feel sick.
- All employees will be requiring to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as regulated by the federal and state governments with appropriate training for use and disposal.
- Guests will receive a questionnaire related to COVID-19 tracking 24 hours in advance of arrival. If the guest answers yes to any part of the questionnaire, they will not be allowed on the inn property. If the guest does no answer before they arrive, these questions will be asked at arrival.
- Guests are asked to wear a face mask in all public/common areas.
- Guests an Employees are asked to respect the physical distancing guidelines by staying 6 feet away from people that are not from their households.
Cleaning Products & Protocols
The inn has taken enhanced measures to ensure a cleaner and safer environment for everyone.
Public Spaces & Common Areas
- Cleaning and Disinfecting will be frequent with an emphasis on non-porous higher contact areas including , but not limited to, arrival check-in areas, elevator button, doors and door handles, public bathrooms, ice machines, room keys, all handrails, bicycle equipment, dining surfaces and all seating areas.
Grafton Inn Guest Rooms & House Rentals
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, and flooring.
- The inn has purchased several Ozone generator units that will deodorize, sanitize, and sterilize all areas up to 2500 square feet. These will be used after every guest departure.
- There will be no in-room housekeeping during your stay, but guests may request extra towels, sheets, amenities, etc. for door side delivery.
- Paper cups will be supplied.
Food & Beverage
- We will open initially with takeout services.
- We will have modified restaurant service once the state opens indoor service. This will be reservation only.
- We will offer outdoor dining by reservation only in our courtyard and the inn front porch.
- Room service will be an option for inn guests to start and will be delivered to the guest room door for guest to take inside
- Cough and sneeze guards will be present at the host stand and bar.
- Seating with appropriate spacing will be available in multiple areas throughout the Inn.
- All higher touch areas will be frequently disinfected.
Back of House
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all higher touch areas shall occur in accordance with CDC guidelines, including at least twice per day in higher traffic areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be convenient and highly visible.
- Shared tools and equipment will be disinfected after each shift or transfer to a new employee.
- Linens, towels, and laundry will be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines, including washing items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Where possible launder items using the warmest permissible water setting for items and dry items completely. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
Physical Distancing Throughout the Inn Property.
As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees stand. Such areas will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing.
Front Desk Services
- Cough and sneeze guard has been installed at the front desk.
- All keys will be sanitized after each use.
- Check out will be done by you leaving your key in the door with the door left open upon departure so our housekeeping team will know you have vacated the room.
- All final bills will be emailed to your email we have on file.
- Housekeeping staff will not enter the guest room for cleaning during the first phase of opening
- Housekeeping will provide door side delivery of clean linens, towels, and amenities.
- Houses will be left unrented a 24-48 hours before the next rental to ensure the proper cleaning guidelines take place.