Join Our Team
Grafton Inn Job Opportunities
Are you on the hunt for your next job? Consider joining our team at the Grafton Inn, and trade in the office for a beautiful country inn.
Thank you for your interest in The Grafton Inn, a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont
When you work at The Grafton Inn, you are helping to promote Vermont’s rural communities. How? We are a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the vitality of Vermont’s rural communities. The Foundation’s affiliated for-profit businesses (including the Grafton Inn, Grafton Trails, and the Grafton Village Cheese Company) operate to further this mission directly, and their earned income assists in funding Foundation programs.
Part-Time Front Desk Guest Services
(24-28 hours a week)
At the Grafton Inn our Front Desk Guest Services representatives ensure an efficient, informative and professional check in/out process so our guests can focus on enjoying all the amenities the inn has to offer. At our inn we recognize that front desk representatives help create a positive first impression to our guests. We’re looking for a part-time candidate that has experience in this field and has the following abilities and qualifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Welcomes guests by greeting, answering questions, responding to requests.
• Answers the phones and takes reservations.
• Registers guests at check-in.
• Provides concierge duties to guests by answering any inquiries regarding inn and other services guests may require, such as Grafton Trails activities shopping and other dining options available to them.
• Maintains records by entering room and guest account data in Springer Miller (our property management system)
• Collects payments over the phone via credit card.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
• High School Diploma (or equivalent education/experience)
• Must be flexible regarding schedule, based on business demands. Nights, Holidays and weekends are required.
• Previous experience demonstrating strong customer service is a must.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal direction
• Proven teamwork skills
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
• Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
• Pay will be based on experience.
• 35% discount on food at the Grafton Inn
• Free fitness center membership
• Free trail access at Grafton Trails for employee and family
• Discounts at Grafton Village Cheese Shop
• Discounts for all Inn events
The Grafton Inn is looking for a part-time servers who can work nights and weekends, 2-3 shifts per week, in our Phelps Barn Pub and/or 1801 Tavern. If you have a strong work ethic and positive attitude, you’ll be a great addition to our restaurant team. Strong knowledge of food and wine is a must. The right candidate must have prior experience in the restaurant business.
Please send your resume with 2 references.