Join Our Team
Grafton Inn Job Opportunities
Are you on the hunt for your next job? Consider joining our team at the Grafton Inn, and trade in the office for a beautiful country inn.
Thank you for your interest in The Grafton Inn, a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont
When you work at The Grafton Inn, you are helping to promote Vermont’s rural communities. How? We are a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the vitality of Vermont’s rural communities. The Foundation’s affiliated for-profit businesses (including the Grafton Inn, Grafton Trails, and the Grafton Village Cheese Company) operate to further this mission directly, and their earned income assists in funding Foundation programs.
Last updated September 14, 2021
Front of the House- Restaurant Manager
The Grafton inn is seeking a qualified front of house manager with a high level of customer service skills and the ability to oversee the restaurant for full shifts. Applicant must have previous management experience and a strong organizational style with a keen eye for detail. Position includes the ability to handle the back office administrative duties including, scheduling labor costs, POS system (Springer Miller), and the ability to understand P&L’s. This position will report directly to the General Manager/Innkeeper of the Grafton Inn.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a restaurant management role.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Extensive knowledge of the Food & Beverage industry.
- Solid references- minimum of 3.
- History of achievement and experience in the restaurant industry.
- Flexible schedule- weekends, nights and holidays are a must.
- Task-driven individual.
- Hiring, training and supervising staff.
- Supervise upkeep of dining spaces
- Coordinate daily restaurant management operations inclusive of shift planning
- Respond efficiently to customer complaints
- Communicate with the Sales & Event Manager on all functions.
- Managing budgets and supplies
- Ensuring compliance with licensing with Department of Liquor Control.
- Work with marketing team to promote restaurant offerings and hours.
- Monitor and manage reservation capacities
- Planning menus with the Executive Chef.
- Health and dental coverage
- 35% off food.
- Free use of the Grafton Trails and Outdoor Center and Fitness Center.
- Paid time off-10 days to start.
- Competitive salary plus additional perks including working functions as a server and or bartender from time to time.
Send resume, cover letter and references to the General Manager/Innkeeper Angela Comstock
Salad/Dessert Prep Person
The Grafton Inn is looking to fill a role in our kitchen for food prep, salads, and dessert. Applicants must be hard working and reliable with experience working in a kitchen setting. This position included benefits and starts at $16.00/hour.
The Grafton Inn is looking for a housekeeper to care for the cleanliness and presentation of the inn public spaces and guest rooms.
Basic Functions & Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms
- Replace dirty linens with clean items
- Make beds
- Clean bathrooms
- Remove trash, dirty linen and room service items from the room.
- Check that all items are present in the room and in working and presentable order; replace items as needed and report maintenance needs immediately according to procedure
- Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances
- Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings
- Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties (e.g., in guests rooms and hallway)
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of guest proprietary information
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests service needs; assist individuals with disabilities, thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Support team to reach common goals
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including health and dental and employee perks such as free Grafton Village Cheese every week, use of our fitness center and outdoor trail center, 35 percent off food and beverage, and many more.
Bartender (couple shifts a week)
Front Desk (three shifts per week, nights and weekend availability required)
PM Dishwasher (nights and weekend availability required)
Servers (nights and weekend availability required)
If interested in any of the above positions, please fill out our form below and indicate the position you are applying for.
The Grafton Inn COVID-19 Policy
To protect our employees and guests, All Grafton Inn employees are required to wear a mask indoors and must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.