Join Our Team
Grafton Inn Job Opportunities
Are you on the hunt for your next job? Consider joining our team at the Grafton Inn, and trade in the office for a beautiful country inn.
Thank you for your interest in The Grafton Inn, a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont
When you work at The Grafton Inn, you are helping to promote Vermont’s rural communities. How? We are a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the vitality of Vermont’s rural communities. The Foundation’s affiliated for-profit businesses (including the Grafton Inn, Grafton Trails, and the Grafton Village Cheese Company) operate to further this mission directly, and their earned income assists in funding Foundation programs.
Last updated October 6, 2021
Front of the House- Restaurant Manager
The Grafton inn is seeking a qualified front of house manager with a high level of customer service skills and the ability to oversee the restaurant for full shifts. Applicant must have previous management experience and a strong organizational style with a keen eye for detail. Position includes the ability to handle the back office administrative duties including, scheduling labor costs, POS system (Springer Miller), and the ability to understand P&L’s. This position will report directly to the General Manager/Innkeeper of the Grafton Inn.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a restaurant management role.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Extensive knowledge of the Food & Beverage industry.
- Solid references- minimum of 3.
- History of achievement and experience in the restaurant industry.
- Flexible schedule- weekends, nights and holidays are a must.
- Task-driven individual.
- Hiring, training and supervising staff.
- Supervise upkeep of dining spaces
- Coordinate daily restaurant management operations inclusive of shift planning
- Respond efficiently to customer complaints
- Communicate with the Sales & Event Manager on all functions.
- Managing budgets and supplies
- Ensuring compliance with licensing with Department of Liquor Control.
- Work with marketing team to promote restaurant offerings and hours.
- Monitor and manage reservation capacities
- Planning menus with the Executive Chef.
- Health and dental coverage
- 35% off food.
- Free use of the Grafton Trails and Outdoor Center and Fitness Center.
- Paid time off-10 days to start.
- Competitive salary plus additional perks including working functions as a server and or bartender from time to time.
Send resume, cover letter and references to the General Manager/Innkeeper Angela Comstock
Guest Service/Front Desk Representative
The Grafton Inn has an opportunity available for a full-time Guest Services/Front Desk position. The person in this role serves as a friendly and helpful first impression for our guests, both on the phone and in person.
Hours for this role are as follows:
Sunday 12PM to 8PM
Monday 2PM to 8PM
Tuesday 8AM to 5PM
Wednesday 8AM to 5PM
*Hours may slightly vary during holidays and peak seasons.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a warm, welcoming environment.
Lead Line Cook
The Grafton Inn is immediately seeking a hardworking, experienced lead line cook to join our kitchen team. This full-time position requires availability night and weekend availability. Responsibilities will include pre-service prep, menu items off the grill, fryer, broiler, preparing salads, and desserts. This position includes benefits.
Bartender (couple shifts a week)
AM & PM Servers (morning and night shifts available)
If interested in any of the above positions, please fill out our form below and indicate the position you are applying for.
The Grafton Inn COVID-19 Policy
To protect our employees and guests, All Grafton Inn employees are required to wear a mask indoors and must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.