Join Our Team
Grafton Inn Job Opportunities
Are you on the hunt for your next job? Consider joining our team at the Grafton Inn, and trade in the office for a beautiful country inn.
Thank you for your interest in The Grafton Inn, a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont
When you work at The Grafton Inn, you are helping to promote Vermont’s rural communities. How? We are a business of the Windham Foundation of Grafton, Vermont, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the vitality of Vermont’s rural communities. The Foundation’s affiliated for-profit businesses (including the Grafton Inn, Grafton Trails, and the Grafton Village Cheese Company) operate to further this mission directly, and their earned income assists in funding Foundation programs.
Last updated June 8, 2021
Salad & Dessert Prep (nights and weekend availability required)
We have an opening on our kitchen team for someone who can handle food prep, salads, and dessert. Applicants must be hard working and reliable with experience working in a kitchen setting.
Line-Cook Grill (nights and weekend availability required)
Responsibilities/skills needed include:
- Prepping station daily
- Preparing and plating menu items consistently
- Ability to follow recipes without deviation
- Quick on feet to move through service efficiently while maintaining quality
- Up-to-date knowledge of health and safety practices
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing situations
Experience preferred and references will be required.
The Grafton Inn is seeking a capable and experienced full-time housekeeper to join our team. This will include working with our current housekeeping team and manager to clean rooms and common areas, stripping rooms, and stocking closets. We have a unique 45 room historic property, and we are looking for someone who can work independently, has strong attention to detail, positive attitude, and can work well with the great team we have in place.
• Proven experience as a Housekeeper with a minimum of 3 references.
• Must be able to life 20-30 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
• Customer oriented, have a positive attitude, hardworking, and team player.
• Must be reliable and have a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with inn guests.
• Excellent multi-tasking, communication, and time management skills to work efficiently without compromising quality.
• Cleaning and sanitizing guest rooms including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, and mopping.
• Performing stayover service for guests including remaking their beds, taking trash, and replenishing amenities.
• Cleaning common areas, our property is very spread out and we have a lot of common areas including multiple parlors, public bathrooms, lobby, game room, and fitness center.
• Stripping rooms after checkouts including taking trash, stripping the bed and bathrooms, and bagging up all used linen and towels.
• Stock closets with sheets, towels, toiletries, etc. in all areas of the Inn.
• Notify manager of any damages or necessary repairs, missing items, or ordering needs when necessary.
• Regularly communicating with the rest of the team, the housekeeping manager, and the front desk.
Breakfast Servers (nights and weekend availability required)
Night-Time Servers (nights and weekend availability required)
Food Runners (nights and weekend availability required)
Dish Washers (nights and weekend availability required)
If interested in any of the above positions, please fill out our form below and indicate the position you are applying for.